|Want to post a help wanted here? Here's
information how. What does it often take to get
a games job? Read background for information.
Please remove the FILTER from the email addresses below when
responding. These are used to help prevent web bots from
spamming these individuals.|
- 2005-10-01 - WayForward Technologies - Posted by: Armando Soto
- Handheld developer WayForward Technologies, creator of the popular game Shantae for the Gameboy Color and more recently Sigma Star Saga for the Gameboy Advance is looking for several onsite GBA and DS coders. If you have experience programming for either platform and can work in the Valencia, CA area (35 miles north of Los Angeles), please contact email@example.com for more information. For more information on the company, head to www.wayforward.com
2D Gameplay Programmer
Responsible for all player, gameplay, and AI programming. Ideal candidate will be able to take over responsibility for all existing 2D engine and tool code as well.
Proficient in C/C++
Good debugging skills
Work well in a team
Prior hobbyist or professional game programming experience
Working knowledge of Visual Studio .NET
Working knowledge of source control
Interest in 3D programming
Please send your resumes, cover letters, and website links for your work to firstname.lastname@example.org (please no large attachments)
- 2003-01-19 - Orbital Media - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Established in January 2001, Calgary, Alberta Canada-based Orbital Media, Inc. is an aggressive producer of video-game software primarily focusing on Nintendo's Game Boy Advance. The company's games are based on original content and integrated licensed brands. Our management and several design teams have extensive experience working together producing cutting edge entertainment software and proprietary technologies for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance. Orbital Media is dedicated to the principles of delivering top quality games, emphasizing excellence in all aspects of production. Every Game Boy Advance title Orbital produces focuses on setting the next standard of the gaming experience; gameplay, innovation, graphics and audio. www.orbitalmedia.ca
We are only looking for the Lead programmers that can add technological innovation to games developed on the Nintendo Game boy Advance. You will be responsible for maintaining code quality on GBA projects while being a core member of the product leadership team. Will be responsible for the programming schedule and all technical decisions. Responsible for helping develop key technologies and software architecture for GBA games. Areas of involvement include 2D/3D graphics engines, sprite animation systems, audio engines, script systems for game logic and many other game related technologies, and participating in game design with the rest of the team. Define and track programming schedule while working with designers on product and technical designs. Must have good communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with designers, artists, and programmers, and have a strong passion for gaming.
- Candidate should have a BS in CS/MATH/Physics.
- 5+ years of Extensive C, C++ programming experience
- Strong mathematics, real-time, high performance code practices and optimization techniques
- Program low-level elements with Assembly language
- Excellent debugging and trouble-shooting skills
- Familiar with professional programming techniques
- Work with team members to meet project schedule deadlines
- Commercial Game development experience preferred
A resume and code examples in C and ASM with source can be sent to jobs@FILTER.orbitalmedia.ca Code samples may be attached to an email but must be zipped and under five megabytes per attachment.
- 2002-08-29 - Taniko LLC - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Taniko is a startup game developer dedicated to the design and development of innovative, exciting Game Boy Advance titles. Founded in August 2001, we have just completed our first GBA title and are now getting started on the next wave.
Programmer - Game Boy Advance
About the job:
· Work on A+ titles
· Mostly gameplay programming
· GBA experience is preferred, but not required
· The GBA platform should be your top interest
· Solid C programming skills, be able to quickly produce clean code
· Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree
· Avid gamer
· Professional attitude
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a lean, startup company atmosphere
· Must like a challenge, be willing to work hard and pull your weight
· Must be proactive, responsible and reliable
· Previous 2D/3D game programming experience
· Win32 programming
· Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies
· Email your resume, references and a code sample to jobs@FILTER.tanikogames.com
- 2002-07-20 - Griptonite Games - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Welcome to Griptonite Games! Creators of the best-selling Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone games for Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Color, and the up-coming Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers, we're the handheld studio of Amaze Entertainment, a full-service video and computer game developer located in beautiful Kirkland, Washington, a suburb of Seattle. If you've never been to the Pacific Northwest, you'll love our scenery, climate, and activities - from boating, to skiing and snowboarding, to mountain biking, the Seattle area boasts an amazing number of activities all within easy reach of our offices.
Amaze Entertainment is home to four world-class game development studios - Griptonite Games; Adrenium Games (our advanced console studio); KnowWonder (our kids and family studio); and Fizz Factor (our newest studio located in Austin, TX). We currently employ over 140 tremendously talented programmers, artists, animators, producers, designers, writers, musicians, sound designers, testers, and more who love making games for kids of all ages! Our work environment is second to none, featuring a lunchroom regularly stocked with free goodies of all types, as well as classic arcade machines, a deluxe pool table, and ping pong. We offer competitive salaries, and our benefits package includes company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees AND their immediate families. As well, we offer stock options for all employees, a 401K plan, ample vacation and decompression time, and a wide variety of company activities and events.
Game Boy Advance 2D Tile Background Artist
Griptonite is looking for an experienced 2D Tile Background Artist. Knowledge of limited color palette usage and strong artistic skills are important. Experience with the Game Boy Advance or earlier systems such as Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo a plus. Working with our veteran teams of producers, programmers, and artists, our studio offers great opportunities for you to learn, grow, and take on as much responsibility as you can handle. Griptonite Games is growing as we speak, and now may be the perfect opportunity for you to put your skills to the test at a studio that values teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation.
Game Boy Advance Programmers
Right now, we're looking for hot-shot GBA programmers who would like to help push the envelope and work on the best titles out there. Working with our veteran teams of producers, programmers, and artists, our studio offers great opportunities for you to learn, grow, and take on as much responsibility as you can handle. Whether you've shipped one or more GBA titles, or have learned the technology on your own and are looking to prove that you're a force to be reckoned with, we'd like to talk with you. Griptonite Games is growing as we speak, and now may be the perfect opportunity for you to put your skills to the test at a studio that values teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation.
So get your resume polished up, finish tweaking your demo, spruce up your code samples, and let us know that you're out there and that you're ready to get down to some serious fun! You are going to LOVE working with us here at Griptonite Games!!
Send your resume and cover letter to: jobs@FILTER.griptonite.com
- 2002-06-21 - Vicarious Visions - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Vicarious Visions, the developer of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and 3 and Crash Bandicoot for the Game Boy Advance is looking for GBA Programmers. We're located in New York- right outside the city of Albany. We specialize in being the best in a variety of platforms including Game Boy Advance and Next Generation Consoles. Vicarious Visions offers stability as well as a competitive compensation/benefits package including stock options, annual performance bonus, company paid medical and dental insurance, 401K with company matching, generous paid time off, company sponsored activities, free games, and a comfortable work environment. The Albany area offers a very reasonable cost of living. For more information about VV, check out our web site from the link above.
Game Boy Advance Programmers
In this position, you will use the latest game technology to develop top-quality games for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance handheld. You will devise creative and efficient solutions that fit within, and stretch, the hardware capabilities of the Game Boy Advance platform. You will be part of a team including game artists and designers, and work together with them to translate the desired visual style and game play into code. You will develop detailed game engineering requirements and lead tasks from the development of the game software architecture and design to implementation, integration and optimization of next generation games.
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience programming 3D game engines
- GBA experience not required, but the GBA platform should be candidate's #1 focus/interest.
- C++ and OOP design experience required
- Experience writing efficient C++ and Assembly code
- Should be prepared to provide code samples
Please send resumes and cover letters to jobs@NOSPAMvvisions.com
- 2001-11-29 - Big Kids Studios - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Big Kids Studios is a new and exciting software house based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire (UK). We are looking for enthusiastic people to join us, to work on high profile titles for Handhelds.
You should be able to work as part of a team and keep to deadlines and schedules.
We have the following vacancies:
* PROGRAMMER: Experienced programmer to work on the GameBoy Advance. Must have good knowledge of C/C++.
* ARTIST: 2D and 3D artist to work on the GameBoy Advance. You will be required to produce backgrounds and also animate characters.
* LEVEL DESIGNER: Industry experience is an advantage but not essential. We are willing to train you up into the position. Must enjoy playing games.
Please send your CV and examples of your work to: Email: jobs@FILTER.bigkidsstudios.com
By Post: BIG KIDS STUDIOS Ltd.,The Workstation,15 Paternoster Row,Sheffield,South Yorkshire,S1 2BX
- 2001-09-24 - DC Studios - Posted by: recruitment@dc-studios
- Experienced artists and coders needed by DC Studios in either their Glasgow, UK or Montreal, Canada studios.
Previous and current titles include Army Men Advance, NBA JAM 2001, MIA HAMM SOCCER, ACTIVISION TV GAMES, NBA JAM 2002 for Gameboy Advance, TAXI 2 for Playstation and The Official Winter Olympic Games (Gameboy Advance) and Bear in the Big Blue House (PS1).
We have many new titles about to start development on both GBA and PS1 / 2, PC and soon Xbox and Gamecube and have an immediate need for quality experienced gameboy advance artists. You must be experienced in console map/tile art and animation preferably with skills in modelling as well as traditional pixel / paper art.
We have positions in both our Glasgow, UK and Montreal, Canada studios. All positions are full time and in house, although we will occasionally use good, reliable freelancers.
You must be talented, able to keep to deadlines, work as part of a team and follow a schedule and should love games. Design input in games is welcomed at DC Studios!
Please send your CV and examples of your work to recruitment@FILTER.dc-studios.com
- 2001-08-09 - Graphic State - Posted by: jobs@FILTER.graphic-state.com
- Graphic State is a handheld developer based in Warwickshire, UK. We are working on a number of exciting games (original titles and high profile licences) including Dark Arena, a 3D FPS and Star Fight, a 3D poly based space shooter.
We have the following vacancies:
ARTISTS Talented 2D and 3D artists required to work on a number of projects for formats including Game Boy Advance, Java Phones and WinCE.
GAMEBOY ADVANCE PROGRAMMERS Previous development experience a necessity, as well as a passion for games. Must be fluent in C and/or Assembler.
PROGRAMMERS Working on original titles for Symbian platforms and Java enabled mobile phones. Fluent in C++ and/or Java.
All positions offer excellent benefits - including Healthcare, Company Pension and Bonuses.
Please send samples of work, along with a recent CV to the address below:
BY POST: Recruitment, Graphic State Limited 5 Russell Street, Leamington Spa Warwickshire, CV32 5QA
BY EMAIL: jobs@FILTER.graphic-state.com
- 2001-05-02 - Tuna Technologies - Alex Amsel - Posted by: email@example.com
- Tuna are a South Yorkshire (UK) based developer who have worked on a number of successful products, including Ghosts and Goblins and 102 Dalmations. We have a firmly established relationship with successful US developers Digital Eclipse Inc and develop primarily for the Gameboy Advance platform.
We're looking for talented individuals who are highly motivated and wish to work in a small, friendly company where what you do makes a difference. The ability to work in a team as well as individually is absolutely essential, as is a sense of humour.
Programmers - Only the best need apply. You'll know if you're good enough.
Artists - 2D and 3D artists required. Must have experience of Pro Motion, Photoshop and 3DS Max or similar.
Designers - Previous experience essential.
Please send your resumes to:-
- 2000-12-08 - Thalamus Interactive - Posted by: jobs@FILTER.thalamusinteractiv
- Thalamus Interactive Ltd. is a fresh, dynamic UK digital media company, specialising in a variety of key entertainment areas.
We are currently seeking dedicated freelance programmers and artists to work on a number of hand-held projects for the Game Boy Color.
* Programmers should have exemplary knowledge of the Game Boy Color, ideally with a portfolio of demos, games, or re-useable routines / technology.
* Artists must have unsurpassed 2D drawing and/or animation skills, the ability to work within tile constraints, and a flair for producing top-quality images with limited palettes.
Commercial experience is not essential, but we do look for candidates which fulfill the following criteria:
* Ability to work within the confines of a fixed hardware platform
* Extremely self-motivated
* All-round team player
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work to schedules and under pressure
* Keen videogamers with an eye for what makes a great game
* Level designing skills an advantage
Please send samples of your work, along with salary expectations, to:
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Additionally, we are also on the lookout for finished or part-finished Game Boy Color titles. For further information, please contact the above email address.
- 2000-09-01 - Graphic State - Posted by: Richard Whittall
- Do you want to create great games and make your ideas count?
Graphic State is a fast growing development company, specialising in handhelds and Internet/Wap. To ensure our continued growth, we need:
* Head Programmer - Working on Gameboy Advance/Color projects. You would need at least 2 published titles as well as good communication skills and a drive to develop great games. In return we offer good rates of pay, royalties and bonuses plus other benefits.
* Gameboy Advanced/Color Programmers - To work on exciting, original projects. Previous Gameboy experience a necessity as well as a passion for games. We offer good rates of pay, royalties and bonuses, as well as other benefits such as company healthcare.
* Gameboy Advanced/Color Artist - Working on a number of different Gameboy projects, you should be skilled in 2d sprite creation as well as background tile-sets and front-end graphics – all within limited colour palettes. Previous Gameboy experience a benefit but not essential. We offer good rates of pay and bonuses, as well as other benefits such as company healthcare.
We are looking for dedicated people who are into games and enjoy being part of a successful team. To apply please send a CV along with recent examples of your work to Claire@FILTER.graphic-state.com.
- 2000-08-21 - Warthog PLC - Posted by: Tim Coupe
- Warthog are looking for the following candidates for immediate start on GB Advance and GB Color projects.
* Z80, ARM, C Programmers - Previous experience not essential, but preferable.
* 2D Pixel Artists - Must be able to show strong examples of work.
* Designers - Experience essential.
* Producers - Experience essential.
Salaries negotiable depending upon experience. Company package includes Health Care, Company Pension Scheme, Death in Service Benefit.
We are based in Manchester UK, although freelance work may be agreed.
Please mail all correspondence to: tim.coupe@FILTER.warthog.co.uk
Please note that ALL enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- 2000-07-18 - Denki - Posted by: Aaron Puzey
- Denki is a fresh team of industry veterans, all ex-DMA Design (Lemmings, Uniracers, GTA), with a focus on digital toys and games for all handheld systems. Denki is currently working on Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Color and is in search of suitable coders.
You can find out more about Denki at http://www.denki.co.uk.
- 2000-04-02 - Apple Pie Studios - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- IRELAND! Not yet established Irish Games Development House is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals as senior founding members.
Our goal will be principally to develop titles for the handheld game systems, with expansion to all platforms as our long-term aim.
Graphic Artist: Will have 2D and 3D skills with extensive industry experience and above all, must be extremely talented and adaptable and have a passion for computer games.
Software Engineer: This individual will have a solid track record in the Games Industry, with one or more titles to his credit. Skills will span multiple systems with C/C++ and assembly language experience. Knowledge of 3D programming will be a great advantage.
These individuals will be the core members of the company and as such, will be directly responsible for the company's success. Apart from their development expertise, they should have good communication and management skills with the ability to deal with budgets, schedules and pressure.
If you are seriously interested in working like a dog and feel you have what it takes to be a company leader then why not send an email to applepie_studios@FILTER.hotmail.com giving details of your wonderful past.
- 2000-03-14 - Eurocom Entertaiment Software - Posted by: Mat Sneap
- Eurocom Entertainment Software require the following to work in-house on high profile ColorGB, AGB titles.
* z80 experienced programmers for colorGB work, preferably with completed titles on their resume but we will consider people with strong demo background.
* C/ARM assembly programmers for AGB work, previous games experience preferred.
* Pixel artists, please send example work showing dithering/aliasing techniques/use of limited palettes.
We are based in Derby, England...2hrs north of London and within good commuting distance of Nottingham,Sheffield and Birmingham. If you are interested please email applications with example work to mats@FILTER.eurodltd.co.uk No agencies please.
- 2000-03-12 - TagMonkeys Development Studio UK - Posted by: Simon
- New Graphics Studio set up for Gameboy, Colour Gameboy and Gameboy Advance development.
Experienced Gameboy and Colour Gamboy Artists wanted. UK Residents preferred, but not compulsory. CV and examples of work to be sent to simon@FILTER.tagmonkeys.freeserve.co.uk.
- 2000-02-27 - Climax Group - Posted by: personnel@FILTER.climax.co.uk
- Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advanced Coders and Artists required.
Over the last year Climax has enjoyed a period of unprecedented growth, and we are currently in the process of expanding our handheld department. It is our aim to become the biggest handheld game developer in Europe.
To this end we are looking for experienced coders and artists to work both in-house and freelance for current and forthcoming projects.
We have excellent ongoing relationships with several major publishers including Konami, Lego Media and 3DO, and can offer a unique and friendly working environment, as well as generous salaries and royalty packages.
If you wish to join a team of successful individuals who are passionate about producing quality games please submit your resume and work samples to personnel@FILTER.climax.co.uk
Alternatively send your details to:
Human Resources Climax Group Fareham Heights Standard Way Fareham PO16 8XT UK
Or check out our website: http://www.climax.co.uk
- 2000-02-27 - Handheld Games - Posted by: Thomas Fessler
- Handheld Games LLC is looking to expand our development teams working on hand held Game Platforms including Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and Neo Geo Pocket Color. If you are tired of a long commute, unnecessary inter-office politics, and attending meetings about what your next meeting will be about - then working with Handheld Games may be right for you.
We believe that by harnesing the power of internet technologies, such as email and video conferencing, teams of professional self-motivated individuals can work from the relaxing environment of their own home rather than being crammed into a small room with a bunch of other people for days at a time.
We currently have openings for the following positions:
* Full-Time Contractor Positions Available for: (We are freelancer friendly!)
* Software Engineers
* Game Designers
* Background Artists
* 2D Animators
* 3D Animators
If you are Serious about expanding your lifestyle and royalty earning potential, please send feel free to drop Thomas Fessler at thomas@FILTER.handheldgames.com an email to discuss your potential. For More information visit our website at http://www.handheldgames.com.
- 2000-02-27 - Hyperspace Cowgirls - Posted by: Peter Petralia
- Hyperspace Cowgirls is looking to establish a new development team working on Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance.
We are seeking professional self-motivated individuals who are interested in working with an exciting, award winning girls game developer. Publishers we partner with include Acclaim, IBM, Cablevision, and others.
All positions are freelance contract positions starting immediately. We do not require work to be done on our premises if you prefer to work at home. We currently have openings for the following contract positions on a per project basis:
* Experienced Gameboy Programmers
* Experienced Gameboy Artists
Please send resumes to: Peter Petralia at peterp@FILTER.hygirls.com, please note which position you are interested in the subject line of your email.
- 2000-02-27 - Sandbox Studios - Posted by: Jobs@FILTER.sandboxstudios.com
- Location : London, Ontario Canada
Job Type : Full-Time
Pay rate : Open, depending on experience
Start Date : Immediately - we pay for relocations
Sandbox Studios Canada is growing in a big way! Our development teams are working on all consoles systems including Color Game Boy and Game Boy Advance. We are searching for 9 more experienced Game Boy programmers and 4 experienced artists. We also have positions available for all console systems.
Our console development studio is located in Ontario Canada and life is nice there. We will pay for relocations. We have openings for remote people depending on experience and track record.
Sandbox is working on titles with licenses only. We develop titles for most major publishers including Activision, GT Interactive, Mattel, Vatical and others.
We currently have openings for experienced talent in the following areas:
* Software Engineers (for Game Boy and all consoles)
* 2D Artists and Traditional Animators. Photoshop experience a must.
* 3D Modelers and Animators. Max experience a must.
Top compensation packages for the right people. Additional perks based on royalty revenues. Prior games experience a big plus.
Email a bio/resume to jobs@FILTER.gameboydev.com or jobs@FILTER.sandboxstudios.com. Include URL if necessary to download demos. All information received will be held confidential. Email or call us at 972-517-2666 for additional information or if you have any questions.
Start today! http://www.gameboydev.com or http://www.sandboxstudios.com
- 2000-02-27 - Sunset Entertainment - Posted by: Paul
- Sunset Entertainment, Inc. is hiring!
* Strong, full-time, in-house developer for leading handheld platforms!
* GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, and NeoGeo Pocket Color!
* High-profile license from Disney and Hasbro Interactive!
* Southern California, "Bay Watch" location (1km (0.6mi) to beach).
* Midway between L.A. and San Diego.
* Relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
* Generous project bonuses! (No Hollywood accounting!)